[lbo-talk] A War to Be Proud Of (when you drunk and deluded)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:56:19 PDT 2005

>From: snitsnat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com>

>http://www.weeklystandard.com/Utilities/printer_preview.asp?idArticle=5995&R=C68B2A43B
>
>A War to Be Proud Of
>by Christopher Hitchens
>
>... THERE IS, first, the problem of humorless and pseudo-legalistic
>literalism. ... "You said there were WMDs in
>Iraq and that Saddam had friends in al Qaeda. . . . Blah, blah, pants on
>fire." I have had many opportunities to tire of this mantra. ...

(Wotta wanker, were more proof needed.) Ah yes, all those tiresome, humorless, pseudo-legalistically literal-minded types who insist that every bellum must have a casus. Is Hitchens the last person left who can savor a good joke? Until we stop bitching about the senselessness of the Iraq war and learn to treasure it for the laughs like Christopher the Clown, I fear it will be just so many thousands of lives and billions of dollars down a rathole.

>...the sob-sister tripe
>pumped out by the Cindy Sheehan circus ...

The Weekly Standard's standard is as low as the Marianas Trench.

Carl

"Please, please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."

-- Monty Python and the Holy Grail