[lbo-talk] Rangel: Cheney a diseased grunter

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:59:46 PDT 2005

Steven L. Robinson:

> But, of course, they didn't last time we had the draft. Bush and the
> vast bulk of his social class successfully evaded meaningful military
> service while the poor and working class youth were sent off to 'Nam.
> So why do you think it would be different now? SR

The way congress was able to pass a selective service bill at all was by promising (almost) 0 deferments... Rangel wants to hold them to that promise, and publicizes every move he finds the SS making that would indicate promises are going to be broken in the event of a draft.

As far as I can see he's not pro war, just a concerrrnnned citizen.

Leigh www.leighm.net