[lbo-talk] Re: pictures from a revolution

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 14:15:55 PDT 2005

Incidentally, when he was defrocked (AFAIK for turning against Rasputin and accusing him of sin -- not hard to do), the former Black Hundreds ideologue said the following publically in a speech:

"People of Israel! Lamp of the world! You, especially, forgive me. The ashes of the infants murdered in the pogroms torment my conscience. Forgive me, most gifted, most shining people of all peoples!"

He later worked with the Bolsheviks, then emigrated to New York and worked as a janitor. He died there sometime in the 1950s. Voila: http://www.kessingerpub.com/searchresults_orderthebook.php?Author=Iliodor

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs