[lbo-talk] Regarding NOLA, Mississippi and Alabama

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Aug 30 14:50:34 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> We were channel-surfing last night to catch up. MSNBC incongruously had
> Tucker Carlson anchoring disaster coverage. Fox was absolutely idiotic;
> at one point, they had a reporter standing with a road atlas she'd
> evidently just bought at a gas station or something, pointing to the
> locations of the major cities in Mississippi. "Here's Biloxi; it's a
> mess," was about the extent of it. CNN, however, had an excellent,
> heart-rending account of distress and destruction from someone on a cell
> phone identified only as a "photojournalist." With all the resources
> this gang has, it's amazing how little of it they can convey.

CNN, MSNBC and the Weather Channel have all had excellent coverage.

Fox News continues to exist in its own little world. Once when I flipped over to Fox they had some WW2 veteran from Guadacanal as a guest. I think this had something to do with Fox being obedient fascists with coverage of Bush's speech in San Diego this afternoon. At another point when I flipped on Fox, they had on some of their whacked out pundits gasbagging it over Hugo Chavez.

Chuck