[lbo-talk] Killer KVH

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Wed Aug 31 18:24:27 PDT 2005

snitsnat wrote:

> But wouldn't you know, the biggest dittohead on the block, Rush

> Limbaugh, is calling the storm Hurricane Katrina vanden Heuvel...

Gee thanks Rush, you junkie shithead, for mass-advertising that obscure little paper _The Nation_ and the esteemed Ms. Van Den Heuvel, absolutely for free, to the tens of millions of Americans who listen to your crap every day! Especially when quite a few of them (currently polled Bushco approval rate = 36% - 45%) are beginning to grow queasy, what with no pay raises for the last five years, $3.09/gallon gas, and Mission Accomplished not accomplished.

Now they're aware of the name of a reputable vendor of a very-alternative point-of-view. I'll guess that in consequence of Rush's acephalic jibe, several dozen dittoheads will now accidentally read Katha Pollitt for the first time in their lives. (I remember when I first read Katha Pollitt, it was cool!) This is probably the finest thing Limbaugh has accomplished in his entire life.

How can we get him to mention _Left Business Observer_ on the air?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net