[lbo-talk] Re: lbo, a den of right-wingers?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 18:36:34 PDT 2005

Unfortunately for the creative fascists, the thug ones stole the name. Many people think the same thing happened with the Communists.

There were a handful of genuine fascists (Nazi variety) of the thug variety, the mentioned Ernst Junger aside (well worth reading!), who were really creative by the highest standard. Heidegger. Carl Schmitt. Leni Riefenstahl, unless you believe her Sergeant Schulz story. (That she wasn't an ideologue.) Then there was Celine, but I don't know whether he was a real fascist or just a total misanthrope. He doesn't seem to have hated the Jews especially, at least not more than he hated everyone else.