[lbo-talk] Re: Instinct

Rotating Bitch info at pulpculture.org
Thu Dec 1 21:55:31 PST 2005

At 02:23 AM 12/2/2005, Arash wrote:
>Arash wrote:
> >
> > Care to surmise or cite the specific argument Gould makes against this
> > point?
> >

>Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >It's a long and complex book. It is also a book that anyone who wants to
> >propound on evolution should read or shut up. If you aren't a biologist,
>
>I was asking for a simple summation or citation of Gould's refutation about
>this very basic premise concerning reproductive fitness. I'd think the onus
>of shutting up would rest with those who evasively point to a long, complex,
>book in absence of offering a substantial counter-argument to the specific
>issue at hand.

Well, it's not -- the onus. You don't see very many people disagreeing with miles, do you? Maybe that's because he's done a pretty good job of summarizing Gould for you already. OVer and over again, he's repeated it. So, I think it's time: get thee to a library. Or google it.

Then we have C. bodi repeatedly using the word gender in a way only he does. Yoshie explained to him how gender has come to be used: simplistically, to indicate man and woman, not male/female.

I don't know Miles, you sure have a lot more patience than I do. Personally, I don't like wall head. But then, I have hair. :)

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org