A cure for polemic fatigue (was Re: [lbo-talk] The Working-Poor Draft)

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:40:01 PST 2005

Smooches ;-) A wet sloppy Italian-American kiss from Denver. My Italian relatives in Pittsburgh, my Dad's Uncles who worked in Steel or were minor level street mafioso numbers runners and such and the ghost of my late Grandad Pugliese who fought in WWII, wouldn't kiss 'ya John they'd take 'ya outside and whomp 'ya! Thank god, I'm a pacifist and have no desire to whomp 'ya.

As Doug said the other day why are you always so Angry?

Not that sharp tongued me always follows this advice, to not act like the Lacny/Proyect/Greenfield/Cox/Furuhashi School of Bar-Room Leftist Polemic Slagging the Leftism of fellow comrades as Really the Class Enemy, Left In Form, Right In Essence but, as a student of the history of the US Left this continual Petty and Vicious personal attack style found in every generation on the Left among too many is what destroys comradely relationships and makes this snarling face style one ogf the main reasons why there aren't more converts to the Left from liberalism, the center and the right.