[lbo-talk] Question re: Religion vs "spirituality"

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:29:35 PST 2005

Carrol wrote:

> Why would one want to prove that god doesn't exist. I have no desire to
> prove that that 30 pound snail crouching on your computer monitor
> doesn't exist.

Why would one want to prove it? Hmmm... To bother people who believe that they already know all there is to know and whatever others may say is irrelevant or idiotic by assumption.

> And you would have a hard time proving that it did-- you
> would even have a hard time getting me to listen to you trying to prove
> that it did; you would have harder time yet trying to get me to listen
> to your argument of why I should listen to your argument that I should
> consider your argument that the snail exists.

Why would I want you to listen to my argument if you don't want to? I wouldn't. I just stated my opinion to whomever it may concern. I like Wojtek's image of a café in Paris, where people hold conversations -- or ignore each other.

Loosen up.

Julio