Beria, democrat, was: Re: [lbo-talk] Stalin, democrat

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 15:12:10 PST 2005

Relatedly, in Sergo Beria's book on his dad, he talks about his Vater's proposed reforms after Stalin's death. If Beria Jr. is to be believed, they were grandiose in scope -- rehabilitating Trotsky, reunifying Germany, etc. Now, Beria Jr. is not a disinterested party. So, anybody know about this? I mean the nature, scale of B's proposed reforms, not his reasons for them or his uckiness or non-uckiness as a person. (So, a certain person, spare me endless Wikipedia citations on Beria's evil.)

(B. Jr. BTW says he wrote his book so that Russians would stop blaming everything on the Georgians and accept some responsibility themselves.)