[lbo-talk] Question re: Religion vs "spirituality"

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 00:34:25 PST 2005

Note I said: "as a matter of scientific fact". A scientific fact has to be positively proven. You have to have enough verifiable evidence to reject the null hypothesis in order to say something exists.

Nature is as it is. We have to assume we don't know what exists in nature or how to correctly characterize it. "God" is a hypothesis. I don' t know of any evidence to support it. Do you? You can never prove that something unknown doesn't exist. You just don't know if it does or not. You can prove that something doesn't exist *as hypothesized* and every God hypothesis that I know of has been rejected scientifically.

If you want to say that there God might exist, you'd have to come up with a hypothesis. What sort of God do you propose?

boddi