[lbo-talk] Stalin, democrat

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 11:38:30 PST 2005

Putin's job was intelligence gathering. He wasn't repressing anybody. (When was he sent to Germany anyway? I think it was early Gorby time.)

Having been in the KGB does not make you evil. My girlfriend's dad was in the KGB. A good friend of mine's dad and her granddad were in the KGB, and her rather famous great-granduncle was head of the damn thing. None of them were/are evil (well, I guess you could make an argument for the last-named.) They think of themselves as Patriots Defending the Country from Threats from Within and Without.

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry, Chris. A GRU (military intelligence) agent
> could get away with saying, I was a patriotic spy. A
> KGB agent was a secret policemen, even if he ism't
> specifically employed to repress dissenters.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs