[lbo-talk] The History of Christmas in America

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 4 12:40:17 PST 2005

Michael Pollak wrote:

> [A nicely done history. Plus the paragraph at the end is a funny bonus for
> O'Reilly/Fox fans]
>
> The New York Times
> December 4, 2005
>
> Editorial Observer
>
> This Season's War Cry: Commercialize Christmas, or Else
>
> By ADAM COHEN
>
> Religious conservatives have a cause this holiday season: the
> commercialization of Christmas. They're for it.

I'm glad to hear that I share at least one principle with the religious conservatives. _Anyone_ who has taught freshman comp and winced through a thousand themes about "putting Christ back in to Christmas" HAS to be in favor of keeping it commercialized.

Carrol

Echoing Michael Hoover, Keep the X in Xmas