[lbo-talk] Hillary gets a primary challenge

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 5 08:59:28 PST 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>Or it could be that he is pulling a Labor Party - an effort to sway the
>mainstream Democrats to the left rather than establishing a serious
>alternative to them.

I know Jonathan pretty well and had a chat with him the other night. He says he's serious about building an alternative organizational structure that will live beyond the election. I doubt, however, that he's trying to create an alternative party - which is sensible, because the Working Families Party is already travelling down that road, and it'd make no sense to duplicate their work. In any case, I'm enthusiastically behind him and urge everyone else to be too! Hillary sucks, and it'd be a wonderful blow to her presidential ambitions (and a fine example to pro-war Dems) if she got badly bloodied in the Senate primary.

Doug