[lbo-talk] Honor Killing and Domestic Violence in Germany

sharif islam sharif.islam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:09:15 PST 2005

This is what I am grappling with. The incidents of violence towards women within the muslim immigrant community usually have a religious undertone or at least that is how it gets reported. I totally agree with you that the violence is based on gender discrimination. However, can you totally ignore the religious influence?

-- Sharif Islam http://www.sharifislam.com Research Programmer University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign Library Systems Office 217-244-4688