[lbo-talk] Re: The Chomsky vs. Dershowitz debate: both sides wereawful!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 09:03:08 PST 2005

Sure, both Zionism and volkish thinking arose out of the same historical period, no? They also share some characteristics with Bolshevik thinking (which came out of the same era) about "nations" -- nationalities have (or should have) a definite territory, the "nation's" "own" "language," etc. (ergo Stalin's "homeland for the Jews" in the Far East.

Some of the Don Cossacks arwe demanding that the pre-Revolutionary territory of the Don Host be reunited as a homeland for the Cossacks. This stuff can get pretty silly (and dangerous).

--- joanna 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

And then consider that in this case "ancestral" means 50 years. So the Zionist jews deserve their two thousand year old ancestral home; but the Palestinians do not deserve theirs.

Joanna

Chris Doss wrote:

>Just to be a stickler, the Crimean Tatars were
finally
>allowd to return in the 1990s (but a lot have gone to
>Turkey).
>
>Personally I think the idea of people "deserving an
>ancestral homeland" sounds kind of volkish.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com