[lbo-talk] The Anti-Porn Left Strikes Again (Take 2)

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 22:03:22 PST 2005

Another thing that's important to point out, along with Chuck0's observation, is that porn CAN be sexist, just as a work in any genre can be sexist. That is, a mystery novel can be sexist, a song lyric can be sexist, and a pornographic movie can be sexist. But to claim porn is an INHERENTLY sexist (sub-)genre is b.s.

-B.

Chuck0 wrote:

> Anthony J. Kennerson wrote:
>
>> I am planning a nice and nasty rejoinder to Z-Net
in defense of sex-positive
>> Lefties...as well as a complete rebuttal of all of
D & J's stupidity to be
>> posted at my groups...stay tuned.
>

> You might want to point out that pornography is a
genre of fiction and nonfiction. Being "anti-porn" is about as logical as being anti-science fiction or anti-bodice ripper novels.