[lbo-talk] Re: Russia

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Dec 6 22:35:04 PST 2005

I don't quite follow your last paragraph. The U.S. was doing just fine, empire wise, up to the second world war. Latin America in their back pocket, for one.

Also, given that Europe had been more than decimated by the first world war, it's hard to argue for anything other than relative U.S. superiority. And still, it was the Soviets who defeated the Germans. Had that not happened, they would not have gotten eastern Europe.

I'd prefer to keep the discussion on the list.

Joanna