[lbo-talk] CodePink to dog Hillary

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 6 22:46:26 PST 2005

Doug posted an article from the New York Daily News - December 6, 2005, in which it was written:

Kricorian's group and several others plan to show up tonight at Crobar in Manhattan, where former President Bill Clinton is the top draw at a fund-raiser for his wife.

The idea is to have protesters tail the senator around the state and the country in hopes of persuading her to oppose the war.

Protesters from the group interrupted a Clinton speech Saturday in Chicago and an unrelated group demonstrated at her appearance Friday at a Democratic fund-raiser in Kentucky.

Codepink is also organizing a bigger rally for Dec. 20, when Clinton heads to San Francisco for a bar association benefit and an interview session with Jane Pauley.

Although she criticized President Bush's handling of the war in her letter, her no-timetable stance particularly peeved the activists. *************************************************************

I just don't see how the U.S. ruling class and its politicians in either the Democratic or Republican Parties will ever be convinced to abandon what they've gained in Iraq i.e. control over a *substantial* portion of the world's proven and dwindling oil supplies. That it is a major landbase to project power in the Middle East is a bonus.

I think that they *will* try to achieve a much lower profile of certainty and control, but Iraq isn't Vietnam.....they'll never give up this piece of real estate. Like Israel, it's just too valuable.

Regards, Mike B)

Read "The Perthian Brickburner": http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com