[lbo-talk] The Anti-Porn Left Strikes Again (Take 2)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 07:04:58 PST 2005

WEll, some porn, liteary and visual -- no reason porn can't be literary -- is vile and exploitative; other porn (most of it) is boring, mechanical and stupid, some of it is artistic and intelligent, some of it is arousing, some of it falls into one or more of these cetegories. This is obvious, yes? Thus Reage's Story of O (the classic S&M novel novel) is self-consciously vile and exploitative, also intelligent and if one has a certain cast of mind, extremely arousing.

Few porn fans defend all porn. At least some porn enemiesattack all porn, often in a rather puritanical spirit.

When rthe discussion centers around legal action, the distinction between quality porn another sorts drops away on both sides.

jks