[lbo-talk] It's Now Official: Screw The Democrats (Was: Dem Anxiety on Iriq)

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Dec 7 09:16:08 PST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 06:15:47 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time) "Anthony J. Kennerson" <anthonyk_6319 at charter.net> writes:
> Just as I freakin' thought...the DLC wing is attempting to
> triangulate
> againi, and undercut the party by fellow-travelling with Bush again.

The fact is that these DLC folks are ideologically akin to the Bush Administration when it comes to issues of foreign policy. They would rather see the DP lose an election than to see their party supporting a different foreign policy. We should keep in mind that the last Democratic president. Bill Clinton, came right out of the DLC and his heir presumptive and wife, holds foreign policy positions akin to the ones advocated by the DLC.

> What's
> next...Emanuel stating that opposing Alito backfires against "New
> Democrat"
> attempts to win back those "moderate" NASCAR dads???? > > They need to
get control of that party real quick, or we will be
> looking at
> another Republican ass-kicking come next year.....then again, if
> that
> results in the final break of Leftists with the Democrats and the
> formation
> of a new, independent party who's willing to actually fight for real
> progressive policies (rather than cut and run at the first sight of
> punditocracy), then that would be fine with me as well. > > Anthony

Carrol Cox has long maintained that we are unlikey to see any progressive advances forward until the DP, as it currently exists, has been destroyed. I suspect that he is right about this.