[lbo-talk] RE: Happy Birthday Doug Henwood!

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Wed Dec 7 11:31:44 PST 2005

At 01:39 PM 12/7/2005, paul childs wrote:
>Best wishes from the Great White (and frickin' cold these days) North!
>
> >Have some cake, lots of it.
>
>Start some research into the beer - cake nexus! If there's 'beer nuts'
>surely there can be 'beer cake'. Your mission; find it!
>
>PC

Beer pancakes. When I was little, every Sunday we went to the Rod 'n' Gun club for the big hoe down (HA! not ho' down, hoe down). They would take the leftover beer from the Sat. night shindig and use it to make pancakes. All the women would be in the kitchen mixing it up, flipping cakes, scrambling eggs, and turning sausage and bacon. The little kids would set the table and stare with wonder at the deer heads on the walls of the lodge, sometimes fighting over who got to jimmy the juke box so we could play tunes for free. Outside, the men folk would be shootin' skeet and/or trap, maybe getting ready for the 4 cylinder modifieds at the run-down race track across the way.

Then, everyone'd come inside for the big ol' brekkie, eat up, and rest a little before the auction and square dance.

Mmmmm. Beer pancakes. Also good when camping -- so you don't use your water, just leftover beer. heh.

Hey, there's Mountain Dew cake! Add more sugar, but it'll be a little dense.

http://www.reeza.com/c00kb00k/brp0015.cfm

I might could. I would.

"Scream-of-consciousness prose stylings, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org