[lbo-talk] War Pornography

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Wed Dec 7 20:12:53 PST 2005

At 09:25 PM 12/7/2005, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>B.
I believe that pro-porn feminists rightly won the "porn war" between pro-porn and anti-war feminists, triumphing over the voices for censorship (except we've lost when it came to recognizing minors' right to sexuality). But still and all, it is probably correct that much of porn is still sexist both

*sigh* repeating what someone's already typed and then pretending that you said it doesn't really fly.

in its images and the way its produced, marketed, and consumed, and pro-porn feminists should be able to criticize it clearly, in more sophisticated terms than anti- porn feminists do. Pro-porn feminists, however, are usually too busy fighting against censorious voices to get around to it.

OK. If you're going to insist on calling it pro=porn, I can't really have a discussion with you. And, I hate to break it to you, but no one won anything. I would rant some more, but it's clear that you aren't reading what I write and responding to it. I'm sure it's just that you're busy.

"As to my Boxers, keep off of them, they are great dogs and like a lot of Germans, they can smell beer from a long way off."

--Anton Benjamin Skoumal, Politics list