[lbo-talk] Anarchist Professor Drops Appeal, Will Leave Yale

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 06:22:16 PST 2005

this pretty much bites, but it does strike me as odd that david montgomery -- formerly a blackballed communist shop-floor organizer -- never got this treatment as a member of the faculty. indeed, he got tenure. and he used to spend his sabbaticals flying around the world organizing, iirc. maybe it's just a different group of faculty, but in any case there seems little question that his disdain for them is appropriate. i don't even know if montgomery is still around there (he's emeritus), but jim scott seems still to be on faculty. it's a little disappointing that none of those people seemed willing or able to stand up for graeber, but then, they always disappointed me when i was there. except for montgomery.

-- "lo que decimos no siempre se parece a nosotros" -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20051208/cbb55f11/attachment.htm>