[lbo-talk] O'Reilly targets Jon Stewart as enabler of secularistanti-Xmas agenda

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 8 08:36:56 PST 2005

Doug:
> There's something cheering about this. It's so weird and bilious that
> it almost seems like the eruption of someone who's feeling
> marginalized and desperate for attention. Fuck 'em.

Perhaps not. It is a part of a large concerted effort by the xtian right to 'reclaim' xmas, complete with appeals from the prominent figures of xtian pandemonium (falwells and related vermin) and the scores of the god-fearing fucks being ready to boycott the stores that say 'xmas' or 'holidays.'

I think it is more scary than funny, as it bears signs of preparations for something more sinister. Just think about it - things are not going well for the Bushies and diversion by unleashing fascist hordes by creating a false sense of victimization of the majority by a minority is a common form of fascist mobilization. Now, connect the dots ....

Wojtek