[lbo-talk] Re:stewart and colbert

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Thu Dec 8 16:07:35 PST 2005

>"I'm a regular watcher of the Daily Show and I usually watch a few
>minutes of the Colbert Report..."( chuckO )

suggestion: if you can only watch one, try colbert...

no puff interviews, at all...in fact, his interviews are always pointedly funny, even when the guest is selling a book or film...and he rarely - if ever - sinks to getting laughs about matters of pain-violence-death-hypocrisy committed by others and not us ...

of course, he supports all our wars and excesses and generally scores, heavily, by acting like a fox personality on acid and never breaking character...

stewart is good and the writing and supporting cast on the show is often inspired, but i find colbert's wit, performance and the writing a cut above...

he should be on before the daily show...

comments?

fs -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20051208/4f648f3f/attachment.htm>