[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter shut up

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Dec 8 17:45:24 PST 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I'm so twisted that I actually think Ann Coulter is kind of hot, in a
> weird transgressive sort of way.

Being a man of different tastes, Ann Coulter seems to me the personification of Dian Hanson's explanation of the difference between leg men and breast men. She said, "Breast men were happy boys whose mother loved them. Every time they asked to be picked up, they were. They grow up to be cheerful beer drinkers. Leg men are boys who, when they asked to be picked up, their mother refused. So all they got was leg."

It may not be true but it's a fun idea. She was one of the real fun hippie pornographers, like Al Goldstein but with more class and brains (and of course better looking :o) A typical interview with her is here:

http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/dian_hanson.shtml

Michael