[lbo-talk] Federal Air Marshal kills innocent ...

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 9 12:24:05 PST 2005

> either scenario is possible - in some ways yours is scarier to the extent
> that cases of 'poorly trained, easly paniced, over armed, low bidder
> para-military wanna-be's facing a situation that even well trained
> professionals have trouble managing' may soon become a way of life (death)
> in this America.
>
> at least if killings are targeted there is some kind of ostensible reason
> behind it and perhaps some accountabilty. But if its open season on
> perceived weirdos for the para-military wanna be's.....

>This is why conspiracy theories are so attractive. It is much less
>scary to think that evil comes from a few bad people than from
>something built into the structure of the system.

Yeah, my scenario scares the bejeebers out of me because it is so random, and frankly I think much more likely, Occam's razor and all. I've said it before and I'll say it again; armed stupidity, panic, and ignorance will cause more damage and grief than any conspiracy ever will. Less overhead cost too.

Open season on 'percieved wierdos'? See my earlier comments on the SF police video and consider the assumptions, thought processes, and peer validated prejudices that create a video like that and the implications when they hit the street in uniforms, cars, and carrying a gun. The net for who you can kill with impunity has been opened wide, and all you have to do is invoke words like '9-11', 'national security' and 'suspected terrorist' and most critics will retreat into a reverential silence and stop asking awkward questions of authority.

There's no conspiracy to see here, just business as usual in the warfare state, keep moving along folks.......

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon