[lbo-talk] Richard Pryor

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 16:06:54 PST 2005

Though I'll be writing about him at greater length at my blog, I just want to say, since I just found out about his death, that Richard Pryor was the greatest stand-up comic I've ever seen -- certainly the best American stand-up ever, in my view. He took comedy to dramatic heights, or depths, depending on the subject matter, and his delivery was smooth and superb. I like this quote from him:

"I live in racist America and I'm uneducated, yet a lot of people love me and like what I do, and I can make a living from it. You can't do much better than that."

No you can't. You were the best, Richard. Farewell.

Dennis