[lbo-talk] Celebrity and false idols

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Sat Dec 10 16:28:40 PST 2005

one of the one too many tentacles wrote,

>please spare us declarations of the pure heart. You're human. you fucked
>up. we teach. you learn. grow the fuck up. i've been called on the carpet
>for racism, sexism classism, etc. i got over it and learned something. you
>can to.

Don't even bother 'replying' if you have to hide behind another one of your thousand webmail addresses. Whether I fucked up or not is none of your fucking business, Bitch. If I fucked up, it had/has nothing to do with your gratuitous ersatz-feminist critique. I damned well AM racist, sexist, classist, ageist, speciesist and every other kind of "ist" you can think of. So are you and so is everyone in this racist, sexist, classist, etc.ist culture. I also know a thing or two about feminism -- even taught it at Uni -- and it's not about finger-pointing and name-calling. It's a social analysis and you're off by about 180 degrees. I learn something every day, but not from people reciting cliches I've heard a thousand times in a tone of voice that suggests they are the arbiter of political correctness and that I am to be made a bad example of.

Such a bloody hypocrite, it's not funny. "Spare us declarations of the pure heart," the pure heart declares. "Grow the fuck up," orders the whiner. Don't make me laugh. You're up on your stump, Bitch, for one reason and one reason only -- to elevate yourself. Some analysis. Go get drunk and feel sorry for yourself at least it will add to the economy.

The Sandwichman