[lbo-talk] Celebrity and false idols

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Sun Dec 11 09:02:00 PST 2005

At 09:07 PM 12/10/2005, W. Kiernan wrote:
>Tom Walker wrote:
> >
> > ...In this context, "Ann Coulter" is NOT a woman. She
> > is not even a person...
>
>I dig what you're saying and all, but stepping just outside of your
>specialized context, Ann Coulter _is_ a person, a woman. On the other
>hand, up the thread I vaguely recall someone implying that women don't
>rate men like that... ha! maybe on _your_ planet they don't but here on
>mine I've heard them rating their boy-friends, their ex-boyfriends, their
>friends's boyfriends and exes, various other local dudes, and also
>celebrities.

No, no, no. I said women rated men to give them compliments, and I was specifically talking about what they did in _public_ forums, where you usually check yourself a bit more than you check yourself when you are gabbing among friends. Specifically, I'm talking about what you said to: using a woman's ugliness, or declarations about her ugliness, or fantasies of their ugliness (fuckability rating) in order to deal with her public statements in political forums, like this, or the public sphere more generally.

Speaking of misunderstandings, Travis and I misunderstood each other. He had no intention of accusing me of not recognizing that there's objectification in porn.

And sorry for flubbing up and using my lurk account last post. I use these things to manage mail, that's why i have to accounts subbed. once in a while i forget. shoot me. if you can't give Manwich the Squeezed in to a Tight SpaceMan a gun and a plane ticket for a LimpDick Vacation.

"Scream-of-consciousness prose stylings, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org