[lbo-talk] Prosecutions in Immigration Doubled in Last Four Years, Surpassing Drugs

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Dec 11 17:51:59 PST 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>Doug says that America is a decadent empire. I'd call it a prurient
>empire -- the reason why I feel right at home here. :->

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you about this. As critical as you are of the US, rightly so most of the time, you seem to sorta like the culture, at least part of it, or somehow someway. In the 10 years or so I've known you electronically, your politics have evolved from kind of theoretical and Leninist (at least in some sense) to much more activist & Green. Are you becoming Americanized? Is this a sort of antithesis to Japan? Or what?

Doug