[lbo-talk] MaxSpeak, You Listen!: CORY SI, TOOKIE NO

Sean Johnson Andrews inciteinsight at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:16:04 PST 2005

Wojtek:

> Were you also equally busy choking your anger at this
> http://www.johnandkenshow.com/archives/2005/12/01/tookie-williams-victim-pho
> tos/
>
> Or you just simply did not give a flying fuck about these "uncool" people.

Um...that's kind of a dumb response. Regardless of which popular figures were involved, the people who were trying to change the verdict weren't asking for him to be set free or for him to be sent on a Caribbean vacation, just that he not be, as Paul says, murdered by the state. This fairly obvious fact seems to be lost in the national death penalty debates which seem to pose it as all or nothing: if they aren't getting put to death, then they aren't getting punished. Isn't being in prison for the rest of your life punishment? Or maybe you think we should kill everyone who commits (or is at least accused and convicted of) murder?

-s