[lbo-talk] MaxSpeak, You Listen!: CORY SI, TOOKIE NO

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 13 16:44:27 PST 2005

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> >It is that bunch of
> >mountebanks and wannabe aristes that find it cool
> >being associated with tough thugs. Fucking clowns!
>
> Mike Farrell has been working against the death penalty for years. Is he
> supposed to stop saying what he's been saying all this time when a case
> becomes high profile?

There are no even remotely rational arguments for the death penalty (or at least none ever offered on this list, which is why its defenders, like whatever bozo you are quoting above, can only splutter out ad hominem attacks on the (alleged) non-political motives of those who oppose it. I suppose all the parliaments of Europe are made up only of wannabe aristes etc.

The citing of George Jackson and Mumia the Asshole's rejection of clemency simply gives depth to the argument of the WSJ editorialist some 10 years ago on Mumia: If Mumia is executed, the morale of the Philadelphia police will be damaged. That in fact is the main reason for state killings -- maintain the morale of the repressive forces.

It is disheartening that a liberal usually as rational as Max can put himself in the same sewer with W & co.

Carrol