[lbo-talk] Who Cares?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 13 19:34:16 PST 2005

> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-
> Mon-20051212/027125.html
> This morning walking to the bus, I see stenciled in the sidewalk,
> "Kill Every Minority in America."
> This evening after riding back on the bus, from a CSR temp. gig at
> Visa an hr. away, I see this post from Chris.
> Denial of the mass murder of 5.1 million Jews in the Shoah by the
> religious nut, populist demogogue who probably hallucinates the
> Mahdi returning in a mushroom cloud, that Yoshie is enamored with
> the, "haunting eyes."
> 'Ya who the fuck cares.
> --
> Michael Pugliese

Well, the president of Iran is dumber than I thought. In a different time, a Holocaust denial like this (at <http://www.voanews.com/ uspolicy/2005-12-13-voa5.cfm>) can get Iranians into deep trouble, but luckily oil is probably too scarce today to sanction Iran, and Washington can't really afford another war.

Iran, which is becoming transformed by world oil prices into an ever wealthier state and one that can pay for its deals primarily in cash, is economically prosperous. It appears that its leadership thinks its in such a good position that it can reject a Russian compromise proposal on the nuclear issue, and that it can depend on China to veto any sanction the United Nations may decide to impose.

<http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/657021.html></blockquote>

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>