[lbo-talk] Hustling The Left

Bitch | Lab info at pulpculture.org
Thu Dec 15 16:06:13 PST 2005

At 06:46 PM 12/15/2005, qualiall at adelphia.net wrote:

>Just as an anecdote, at my old job I told someone of my political
>persuasion, and by happenstance someone who worked there thought I would
>be interested in all the FARC clippings he had compiled--most of these
>clippings were from Hustler...

Yeah, among men I know, Hustler's something you also read. You can get all kinds of porn, Hustler's known to be something also worth reading -- on the john for instance. One guy I used to know, VP of the local Chamber of Commerce, kept them right in his lazyboy pocket, for reading. Seriously. A friend, a waitress I worked with, had an affair with him while he was married. Later, he divorced and married her, so we'd visit their house regularly. Two babies crawling and running about too. They kept the porn they actually used in the bedroom.

And, when you're in the service stationed in Iraq, no doubt that some of them start reading when they otherwise might not have.

And, regardless, people should use whatever venues they can to get fucking paid and published. Christ, is Parenti not allowed to earn a living?

"Scream-of-consciousness prose stylings, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org