Racist, Reactionary, Evil, Hateful, and Loathsome (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Villon on executions)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 21:00:47 PST 2005

W, that's the law (McClesky v. Klemp) but it's reactionary and in fact racist. You are not a racist or a reactionary, but this position you advocate is both.

We know the death sentence is administered in a racist way. The evidence is rock solid that blacks who kill whites are statistically more likely to get the death sentence than any other racial killer/victim pairing. Proving actual racial bias in a particular case is, however, an impossibly high bar, particularly as the jury is black box that can't be opened.

Therefore, to refuse to allow challenges on this basis is effectively to put your seal of approval on the practice of treating black lives more cheaply and treating it as worse crime more deserving of death for a black to kill a white.

I don't know how to describe this position except as reactionary and racist. Maybe evil, vile, hateful, dispicable, and contemptible. Indefenisble. Loathesome and disgusting. I am ashamed of you, Woj.

jks

<http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=5&did=184>