[lbo-talk] do the hustle ...

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 00:11:43 PST 2005

Oh my god they do bloody read it, and a surprising number of them not only read the articles in Hustler but believe them and become politicised by them. Unfortunately the main effect of their becoming politicised is that they join conspiracy theory mailing lists, start rediscovering old dead ends and then start flame wars with me when I give them the bad news.

If Christian Parenti is taking up space there and people are reading him rather than the alternative material that would have been there then that is probably good news although he should probably be aware that his stuff is appearing in between some really, really dreadful hoary old bottom-of-barrel parapolitics.

In semi-related news, we now have the first pair of lesbian page 3 girls to come out as having a relationship with each other! There was a big deal about it in the Sun this week (on page three, naturally). I don't know whether it's on the internet or not, but I am sure that a web search for "lesbian page 3 girls" would pick up exactly the news story I am talking about with very few unrelated search results.

Merry Christmas dd

PS: I absolutely swear that about five years ago the American christians in the firm I worked for were telling us in the London office to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" to US clients because the word "merry" implied (correctly) that we were about to get drunk and this was offensive. Some people, I ask you.

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com