[lbo-talk] Hustling the Left

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 17 09:43:05 PST 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi:

> They are more likely to listen to what their wives, children, and
> mothers say than what articles in porn magazines say.

That's obviously true. (Well, maybe not the children part. People should always be wary about trying to change the political opinions of their parents. The "Whatta you know, kid?" attitude is pretty hard to overcome in these situations.) But I wasn't suggesting a "strategy" of anti-war activists writing for Hustler or something. I was simply making the point that we shouldn't refrain from using outlets like that when we get the chance simply because we object to some of the other content in the magazine. The argument of that "Hustling the Left" article was over-the-top and silly; it was yet another example of left self-ghettoization. Life is too short for that shit.