[lbo-talk] Re: Hustling the Left

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sun Dec 18 13:07:49 PST 2005

Dear List:

Chip writes:

>Is it possible that there is a line where, when erotic imagery is
conflated with misogyny, that as a matter of political principle, one might suggest it was not appropriate to write for such a publication?

That line can only exist inside an individual's head.

Sexual desires, fantasies, imagery etc. cannot be policed. The image is just that -- an image. It is the person's mind that adds any misogyny, racism, sexism, etc.

> I don't mind the pink shots, I mind the relentless cheap shots
at women.

But cheap shots are different from erotic imagery. "Cheap shots at women" denotes a sexist agenda. Eroticism is merely about getting off - a fine and noble pursuit which more people should devote themselves to instead of worrying about how others choose to get off. They might even learn something.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister