[lbo-talk] Narnia

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 08:48:01 PST 2005

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The dying and resurrected god is the staple myth of
> zillion religions, Isis and Osiris come immediately
> mind. The Druids did this too, with the King Stag.
> Joseph Campbell (Hero With A Thousand Faces)

Thinking of Joseph Campbell and "Hero With A Thousand Faces", then there are also contemporary instances of this myth of resurrection. The two that come to mind are Star Wars and Bob Avakian. In the former you get to be transformed into a Jedi warrior and a shadowy Darth Vader. In the latter, well, you dont get transformed at all. You just go off to France for a few years and return saying the same old shit. You even use the same picture you've been using since the 1976 "It's Been 200 years, let's get the rich off our backs" campaign (has anybody seen a recent picture of this guy?). Oh well, I guess even myths dont always have a noble or dramatic ending.

-Thomas