[lbo-talk] NYT sat on wiretapping story for a year

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 09:13:17 PST 2005

I actually posted this story earlier, but I'll say that the past two years or so have been the Years from Hell for the NYT. Conservatives still hate it, Chomsky and other parts of the non-DNC left have always hated it, and now they're certainly not pleasing anybody on any side lately. Although the last couple of errors they've made have been errors in favor of Bush, the right still thinks it's a liberal organ, amazngly.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [looks like the Post is having fun with a
competitor, esp after the Woodward stuff]

> Washington Post - December 17, 2005
>
> At the Times, a Scoop Deferred
> By Paul Farhi
> Washington Post Staff Writer
>
> The New York Times' revelation yesterday that
President Bush authorized the National Security Agency to conduct domestic eavesdropping raised eyebrows in political and media circles, for both its stunning disclosures and the circumstances of its publication.