[lbo-talk] Poland continues to go mental

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Dec 19 11:45:42 PST 2005

Sorry for overposting, but this warrants a clarification

This bullshit is mainly for domestic consumption. As you all may know, the left (x-communist) govenrment was finally replaced by a crypto-fascist one a few months ago. For the past ten or so years the right wingers tried to get a bigger share of the pork and barrel, that went primarily to x-communists. For these efforts, they were even dubbed the TKM which is the Polish acronym for "now, the fuck, is our turn" (teraz kurwa my). The Kaczynskis bros who now head the government were the leaders of that pack of rats. One of their favorite weapon was the so-called "lustration" or basically McCartrhyite witch hunting for x-communist (i.e. digging out or manufacturing documents showing person's "misdeads" during the communist times) - which they tried with little success because whenever they managed to put some dirt on somebody, the charges were either dismissed by courts, or the person was pardoned by the president.

Now that the ratfuckers finally put their grimey paws on the government, they are going ballistic against anytying x-communist. I guess they finally got into the military archives and doing their worst. I understand things are pretty bad there (Doug Ireland had some pretty scary reports) - bascially return of witch hunting, McCarthyism, and fascist populism. I sincerely hope that the EU will rein them in at some point.

Wojtek