[lbo-talk] Narnia

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 19 22:46:15 PST 2005

His book on (roughly) the pre-modern world view, The Discarded Image (inaugural lectures at Cambridge as I recall), is little short of brilliant. I've insisted that graduate students beginning Renaissance/Reformation studies start with it. It goes a good towards saving them from what a quite different historian called "the enormous condescension of posterity." --CGE