[lbo-talk] Hustling The Left/poverty draft

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Dec 20 08:03:22 PST 2005

John Lacny:

> hacking-apart of a straw-man argument that resembles the
> position of no one on this list -- and indeed, no one on
> earth apart from his imagination -- to wit:

Straw man, you say? Then imagine your uncle Harry at a Thanksgiving dinner asks you: "OK, Mister I Do Not Like Our American System of Freedom Democracy and Private Enterprise, what else would you put in its place?"

You have about three minutes to make your point in plain English (Uncle Harry don't like them five-dollar words), before uncle Harry looses interest and starts telling rag-head and n-word jokes to the general amusement. What would you say?

Wojtek