[lbo-talk] Re: Chip Berlet on Hustler

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:42:46 PST 2005

When I was an acquaintance of B*** H***, a trust fund anarchist during my UCSC yrs. in the 80's, he joined a protest in front of the 7-11 at the base of the campus against pornographic rags being sold there. They burned copies of Playboy. To the cheers of the Santa Cruz Christian Right anti-abortion protestors who joined the protest. His girlfriend, a cadre in the Prairie Fire Organizing Committee (the above ground support group for the remnants of the Weather Underground) wasn't happy w/Bill for attending.

A few months previous to that in one of the campus classrooms, to a very large crowd, I saw the loooooong slideshow of the local chapter of the Wimmin/Womyn/Woman Against Violence And Pornography In The Media, comprised almost entirely of Hustler porn images, including the notorious, "We Will No Longer Treat Woman Like Pieces of Meat, " meat grinder torso photo.