[lbo-talk] all aboard for heaven

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 19:23:17 PST 2005

This reminds of the 2002 Time-CNN poll wherein 19% of respondents claimed they were the top 1% of income earners and another 20% thought they'd get tot hat 1% sooner or later. Rich and on our way to heaven -- what a cheerful lot us Americans are.

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

> ABC NEWS POLL: HEAVEN - 10/9/05
> EMBARGOED FOR RELEASE AFTER 6 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 20,
2005

> Nine in 10 Believe in Heaven;
> A Quarter Say for Christians Only
>
> Vast majorities of Americans believe in heaven and
think they're headed there. But elbow room won't be a problem: About eight in 10 believers envision heaven as a place where people exist only spiritually, not physically.