[lbo-talk] Re: Chip Berlet on Hustler

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Dec 21 08:11:24 PST 2005

BklynMagus writes:

>Aren't women also culturally conditioned (to a certain
>degree) to reject pornography as filthy and degrading,
>and that to show an interest in it is unlady-like?

Maybe 40 years ago there was some worry about that, now we're just not interested in mainstream porn cause it's dumb, repetitive, makes women look like idiots or personality-less drones, broadcasts stereotypes we know are crap, often has woman-punishing storylines, and is aesthetically uninteresting. I'm glad some men have noticed this, also.

>Could it not also be because they are not very interested
>in pornographic images of women?

No, I don't think that's why. We're just not interested in standard mainstream porn images which are the most uncreative stereotyped bullshit ever.

Jenny Brown