[lbo-talk] racist column in the Daily News

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 17:05:07 PST 2005

So the phrase "father knows best" couldn't just be a reference to the phrase: "TWU International, the striking local's parent union" he used twosentences before. It had to refer to the whiteness of the TWU President.

That is just ridiculous.

Why isn't the term "parent" offensive. Oh, because you all actually belong to that "parent" organization. Wait, maybe the union practice of calling people "brother" and "sister" is a sub-rosa appropriation of Black English by the Labor Left that has been a secret fount of racism all these years.

How about you don't like the article and what the President of your International said and leave it at that. There are a lot of serious issues there without bringing in goofy ones.

boddi