[lbo-talk] Re: Chip Berlet on Hustler

Ed Marshall edmarshall3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:24:07 PST 2005

On 12/21/05, Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bitch|Lab (to "Szechuan Death"):
>

> 2. The list isn't a free carrier. Very few of us, if any, believe we
> need to waste our time and energy on people who despise our theories and
> politics, caricatures of which they've read in the likes of NewsMax, The
> National Journal Online, and every Libertarian Capitalist Guide to Fifth
> Columnists in the US of A.
>
> ====================
>

> And speaking of libertarian, you can read more of Szechuan Death's
> sparkling ideas here -
>

> <http://www.strike-the-root.com/52/death/death2.html>
>
> Where, at essay's end, we learn...
>

> "Szechuan Death is one of the obnoxious, poisonous creatures that lives
> in the dark spaces of the Internet. His life is dedicated to the Art of
> the Flame, and to the destruction of toxic thought-patterns (e.g.
> Statism) wherever and whenever they arise. He is a mathematician,
> professional systems/network administrator, and all-around
> jack-of-all-trades, know-it-all, and smartass. He currently resides in
> Alaska."
>

> So apparently, this whole thing is a form of latter day Net performance
> art. Someone mentioned "snarky"; yes, that just about covers it.
>

> .d.

Actually, I like him better after reading it. I have little use for propertarians, but he seems to be the better sort. Guarantee he's not getting anywhere near the Cato Institute.

I like him less for the cheesy proletariat act, however. Just say what you have to say. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20051221/75ef872f/attachment.htm>